On FM Scout you can chat about Football Manager in real time since 2011. Here are 10 reasons to join!

Truro City: All The Way From Lemon Quay

Started on 20 May 2014 by Griffo
Latest Reply on 24 September 2014 by Zap
  • POSTS446
  • VIEWS208435
Great update, and in great detail!
Hey Griffo,

I am a first time reader, long time shit stirrer. But I am glad to say I can't find any shit to stir in this story.

It is great to see how your style has evolved as your story has continued. I especially enjoy the little updates from time to time about your Stadium upgrades, change in ownership and the Twitter posts.

I thoroughly look forward to reading more of how things pan out for Truro.

Best of luck with the remainder of your time in charge at Truro, and may you reach all of your goals with the club.

Truro City 1-3 Kidderminster

Truro came out firing early on against Kidderminster, dominating play early in the first half. In the 30th minute, Adam Boyes took advantage of Truro’s dominance when he found the top corner, giving Truro a 1-0 advantage. Truro would continue to control the match, heading into half time with a 1-0 lead.

In the 65th minute, Tim Alcock was shown his second yellow card after a poor tackle on Anthony Malbon, seeing Truro reduced to ten men. Kidderminster took advantage immediately, with Jasper Johns scoring two minutes later with a well-placed shot to equal the score. Mickey Demetriou then gave Kidderminster the lead, finishing off a counter attack in the 75th minute. Jaydon Gibbs sealed the victory for Kidderminster in the 90th minute, when he was found unmarked at the back post, heading home a cross from Demetriou.

Plymouth 3-3 Truro City

Truro came out in the first half looking virtually unstoppable, scoring three goals within the first 25 minutes. Aiden O’Brien opened the scoring after getting on the end of a Chez Isaac pass and placing the ball past Luke Simpson. Isaac then scored the same way, receiving a pass from Kurtis March. O’Brien would score again from an Adam Boyes cross, powering the ball into the net, giving Truro a 3-0 lead at half time.

The second half saw the teams swap role, Plymouth scoring early on when Michail Antonio took advantage of a one on one opportunity. They would find their second goal through Tyler Harvey in the 81st minute with a placed shot. In injury time, Roger Flack drew level for Plymouth with a brilliant header to complete a magnificent comeback.

MK Dons 3-2 Truro City

Truro travelled to stadium:mk to take on first placed MK Dons and it was Aiden O’Brien who drew first blood, putting a placed shot past David Martin to give Truro an early lead. A lead they would hold heading into half time despite numerous opportunities for the league leaders to draw level.

Gboly Ariyibi equalised for MK Dons after the break, converting a one on one opportunity. In the 77th minute, Kurtis March gave Truro the lead once again when he converted on a mistake from Andrew Cobb. Johnny Collins would equalise for MK Dons in the 82nd minute, breaking clear of the defence and blasting the ball into the back of the net. In-form striker Dan Holman would give MK Dons the lead, scoring after Truro defender Josh Langley missed a header to see MK Dons leave with the three points.

Truro City 0-1 Scunthorpe

Truro came out aggressive in the first half with Chez Isaac, Kelvin Etuhu and Robin Dempsey booked in the first 45 minutes. Despite this, it was Scunthorpe who controlled play, completely dominating possession, but failing to make an impact on the scoreboard.

In the second half, Truro appeared to play a less aggressive style of football but Scunthorpe would continue to dominate the match. In the 75th minute, Scunthorpe finally took advantage of their dominance when Francky Sembolo took advantage of a mistake from Dan Green to put Scunthorpe ahead 1-0. Scunthorpe would go on to control the rest of the match and leave Treyew Road with the three points.

Truro City 3-0 Accrington

In an incredible start to the match, Accrington conceded a penalty in the 2nd minute when Taylor Moore obstructed a Truro defender in the box during a corner, Kurtis March stepped up and gave Truro an early lead. Only three minutes later, Moore received a straight red after a two footed tackle from behind on March in what would surely go down as one of the worst individual performances in football history. Towards the end of the first half, Aiden O’Brien scored to see Truro go to half time with a two goal lead.

The second half was completely dominated by Truro, Adam Boyes scoring Truro’s third goal when he got onto the end of a cross from Dan Green. The game would finish 3-0, Accrington never standing a chance after Taylor Moore’s antics in the first five minutes of the game.

Burton 4-1 Truro City

Truro got off to a terrible start against Burton with defender Josh Langley forced off the field with a dislocated shoulder in the 20th minute. Despite the setback, it was Truro who opened the scoring when Adam Boyes was left unmarked in the box, getting onto the end of a cross from Kelvin Etuhu and putting it into the back of the net. Truro maintained the advantage, heading into half-time ahead by one goal.

Straight after the break, Angelo Balanta scored for Burton with a well-placed shot. 10 minutes later, Alex Samuel broke clear from the offside trap to score, putting Burton into the lead. Things got worse for Truro when Alex MacDonald added another to put Burton ahead by two goals. Burton would add insult to injury when Cristian Montano headed home another goal in the 83rd minute to seal an emphatic victory.


League Table

Despite another poor month from Truro has seen them fall down another spot on the league table. They are now eight points away from the relegation zone, with a point per game played considered enough to be safe from relegation.

After putting together great performances last month, Aiden O’Brien has continued his terrific form into the New Year. O’Brien scored four goals in six matches throughout the month, he was also a contender for the Sky Bet League 2 Player of the Month, coming in third.

Truro face a challenge when they take on third placed Northampton Town in the opening fixture of February. The rest of the month will see Truro face sides who are also in the bottom half of the league table.
Disappointing month to say the least but dont give up on that promotion place. All it takes is a good month with solid wins

keep going
Some unlucky defeats by the look of it... better luck next month!

Northampton 0-1 Truro City

In the first fixture of the month, Truro took on third placed Northampton away from home. Truro got off to a terrific start when in the 8th minute, Kelvin Etuhu found himself on the end of a pass from Chez Isaac, putting the ball past Aleksander Gogic to open the scoring. The rest of the first half would see both teams share equal amounts of possession but no real chances presented themselves for either side.

After the break, Truro came out much more aggressive whilst attempting to defend their lead. Five different players received yellow cards for Truro as Northampton would continue to create opportunities. Despite this, Northampton found themselves unable to equal the score, Truro winning 1-0.

Truro City 0-0 Barnet

Picking up from where they began in their previous fixture, three different Truro players received yellow cards inside the first 13 minutes of the game. Truro dominated possession but were unable to score as the sides remained equal at the end of the first half.

In the second half, the match was back and forth with neither side breaking the deadlock. In the 70th minute, Truro defender Jamie Richards was shown his second yellow card, leaving Truro with ten men. Barnet began to dictate play but in the 80th minute, Barnet defender Dean Moxley would suffer the same fate as Richards, heading off for an early shower. Neither side were able to score, as the game finished 0-0.

Truro City 3-2 Bury

Kurtis March got Truro off to a terrific start, scoring in the 2nd minute after the ball fell to his feet during a scrap in front of the goal mouth. After the goal, both sides created opportunities but failed to score, Truro went to the break with a one goal advantage.

Straight after half time, Aiden O’Brien increased the lead for Truro with a placed shot past Rob Lainton. One minute later, Bury scored their first goal when Andrew Tutte got on the end of a pass from Calum Dyson. O’Brien would score again in the 73rd minute, getting on the end of a cross from Niall Thompson to once again give Truro a two goal lead. In the final minute of injury time, Marcus Poscha would score for Bury but there was not enough time to mount a comeback, Truro winning 3-2.

Tranmere 2-0 Truro City

Truro headed to Prenton Park to take on Tranmere in a match which saw very few chances early on. Truro would once again play a physical brand of football but neither side were able to break the deadlock before half time.

After the break, the game would continue to offer very few chances until Scott Cuthbert put some life into the game in the 71st minute, headed home a corner from Tom Walker to give Tranmere the lead. In the 87th minute, Graham Cummins would capitalise on a poor throw in from Louis Rowley to seal the match for Tranmere.

Dag & Red 1-3 Truro City

Truro got off to a tremendous start in their final fixture of the month, Aiden O’Brien scoring in the 5th minute after capitalising on a Luke Jones error. Dagenham and Redbridge would control the rest of the half but Truro held the advantage heading into the break.

After the break, both sides would have equal possession but no real opportunities were created. Then in the 70th minute, Truro increased their lead when Niall Thompson lobbed Simon Eastwood. A few minutes later, substitute Kieron Morris would give Truro a three goal advantage with a spectacular strike. Dagenham and Redbridge winger Khalil Lambin picked up a goal late in the game but it was Truro who would be awarded the three points.

Despite putting together a much better month, Truro has not moved up any positions on the league table. They did however separate themselves from the teams fighting for survival with Truro now being 14 points clear of the drop zone.

After struggling with injuries for a majority of the season, Louis Rowley was able to stay on the field during February and put together some great performances. The defender made a number of crucial tackles, only missing two during the entire month as well as numerous key headers.

Rowley signed with Truro this season after previously playing for Bristol Rovers, although the 22 year old began his career with Manchester United.



Truro is expected to be busy, with the side set to play seven fixtures in the month of March. The month will see Truro face some stiff competition with four of the seven fixtures against sides who are currently in either the automatic promotion or playoff spots.
Some great wins this month! Some tough fixtures next month, but you can get the results!
Great work, you'll be able to stay up no problem I think :D
A solid finish and we'll see Truro finish the season out midtable! Well done!
Just keep fighting and pushing above your weight! I'm sure you can stay up :D
2014-08-05 20:53#188359 Walter : Just keep fighting and pushing above your weight! I'm sure you can stay up :D
Great avatar, Penultimo :D
Alot better month that's for sure . Starting to run out of time for promotion playoffs, but as longnas promotion is secured thats the main thing

keep going
Pretty good month there, you look generally safe from relegation which is great. That win against Northampton especially is impressive :D
Good month! Time to cement that spot firmly outside of the drop zone
Griffo's avatar Group Griffo
9 yearsEdited

After going without any form of youth system for four years due to financial constraints, Truro has begun to take in youth players after the first squad was put together at the beginning of the season. After scouting a youth candidates side, Truro have brought in two more players to the Truro Under 18’s squad, signing Stephen Wood and Marcus Jackson.

“We set up our youth system before the start of the season knowing it would take time to develop.” said Truro City chairman David Cardoza. “Considering recent results and the addition of quality young players like Stephen and Marcus, we are well on our way to putting together a system that will greatly assist the first team.” he added.

In their first season Truro has been playing well above expectations, they are currently 5th in the English Under 18s Group 8.

Stephen Wood has been guided by Truro midfielder Chez Isaac, Isaac works closely with him during training sessions and mentors him off the pitch. Wood has also developed a close relationship with Truro Head of Youth Development Michael Young.

“His determination is what sets him apart from the rest, I’m looking forward to seeing how Stephen develops as a footballer over the next few years.” said Truro Under 18’s manager Kurt Proctor.

A Truro City fan from a young age, Marcus Jackson is working with Truro midfielder Kurtis March to develop his skills, both mentally and physically, in a balanced approach.

“To play for the club you support is a situation I am glad to find myself in, especially during the clubs most successful period” said Jackson. “To even be on the same training pitch as a club icon like Stewart Yetton is a thrill, I’m looking forward to my future at the club.” he added.

You are reading "Truro City: All The Way From Lemon Quay".

FMS Chat

hey, just wanted to let you know that we have a fb style chat for our members. login or sign up to start chatting.