1-6 vs SV Sandhausen (A). 05/03/2017
Hardtwaldstadium, Attendance: 10,595 (Away: 2,205)
- This was a superb performance! Same statistics against Kaiserslautern but now with more goals. With another fantastic performance from our left back Javi Noblejas. One of the signings from the last manager that works out for the club.
Regarding the tactic and formation, I'm happy my team works hard on training to get to know everything about it. They need more time to completely works like I want to, but everything in time. For now only the results matter and if we can play like this and can get results, I see us climbing allot on the table in the upcoming weeks.
Choi Kyoung-Rok, 9,4/10 - FC St. Pauli
Superb performance grabbing 2 goals.
2-1 vs 1. FC Union Berlin (H). 11/03/2017
Millerntor-Stadium, Attendance: 28,582 (Away: 2,029)
- Javi Hernandez. f-in Javi Hernandez. The guy that came on loan because we didn't wanted to spent that much money (have a optional buy clause £210k). Already grabbing 1 goal and 1 assist in the previous 2 matches he did it for us in this match.
Trailing at half time I wasn't happy at all. At home, in the Millerntor-Stadium we need to impress. The rivals need to come here with fear in their eyes when they see the fans, the atmosphere. That can only be achieved when we play aggressive. So I got them out there with one mission, lets make it the Hell of Hamburg
again and let them know that we will come at them with everything that we got.
After the break I saw a different Hamburg side, we complete ran over Union Berlin and the fans caught our intensions right away and pushed us over our limits and beyond. With a build up that started at our own goalkeeper we repaid our fans with the ultimate glory, comeback from 0-1 and winning the game. In the 85' minute there was Javi, already scored the equaliser. We celebrated with the fans, everybody. The players rushed to the stands, the reserve players and the coaching staff. Finally we got what we wanted against a top team in the 2. Bundesliga, a win.
Javi Hernández, 8,8/10 - FC St. Pauli
What a performance grabbing 2 goals and win us the match!
0-1 vs FC Würzburger Kickers (A). 19/03/2017
flyeralarm Arena, Attendance: 11,537 (Away: 2,343)
- Another win! What a month. Absolutely fantastic performance overall from the team. Grabbing 6 vital points against fellow mid-table sides and one match against number 4 Union Berlin where we finally grabbed points from a top table side. Couldn't have asked for more after February.
Now pushing on into April where we have 5 matches. We can play ourselves safe, although we are very safe at the moment. There is a very, very small chance we can still push for 3th, but that can only be achieved if we win every match and Bochum and co suddenly starts losing. Lets be happy with out performance and focus on the last 7 matches and get an early focus on the 2017/2018 season.
Javi Noblejas, 8,3/10 - FC St. Pauli
Scoring a late freekick to seal us the 3 points. Amazing stuff!
- With Javi Hernandez grabbing 4 goals and 1 assist in 5 matches for Hamburger St. Pauli, I decided with the staff that we need to make his stay here in Hamburg permanent. With the optional buy clause of £210k we where in a good spot, but finding out his contract expires at his current club in less then 6 months we avoided the buy clause and got him for free. He accepted our contract offer and will be as of 01/07/2017 a St. Pauli player.
- Very mixed results, never the less its also very decent for a relegation side.
Previous Update: #7 February 2016/2017
Next Update: #9 Yaya Sanogo already set on leaving?