March 2012 Update
- Jose Moreno (ST) signed a 1 year contract extension for $81,000 a year, his contract now expires December 2013
- Chivas USA won the weighted lottery for Jason Patino
- Selected Kei Kamara (ST) with 4th overall pick in MLS Waiver Draft, passed on 2nd round pick
- Claimed Futty Danso (D (C)) on waivers from Portland
- Signed Jorge Gutierrez (GK) from Revolution Academy to developmental contract worth $33,500 per year
- Signed Aaron Cruz (D (LR)) from Revolution Academy to Academy Apprentice contract worth $33,500 per year
- Signed Casey Conrad (D (CR)) from Revolution Academy to Academy Apprentice contract worth $33,500 per year
Always building towards the future, and these are cheap players.
- Former US international Tony Meola signed a 5 year, $94,000 per year contract to act as a Coach.
- Carlos Juarez signed a 2 year, $94,000 per year contract to act as a Coach.
- Carmen D'Onofrio signed a 2 year, $29,000 per year contract to act as a Scout.
3.3.2012 - New England Revolution 0 @ Antigua Barracuda 1
- 30': Jerry Bengston own goal for Antigua Barracuda
- 85': Kerry Skepple yellow carded
Manager's Comments: We keep dominating possession, but losing on the score sheet. Our finishing is terrible and needs to be improved.
REGULAR SEASON BEGINS (finally!)
3.10.2012 - New England Revolution 0 @ San Jose Earthquakes 4
- 5': Victor Bernardez (San Jose) yellow carded
- 15': Benny Feilhaber (New England) yellow carded
- 20': Fabian Espindola goal for San Jose
- 47': Simon Dawkins goal for San Jose
- 55': Kevin Alston yellow carded
- 67': San Jose penalty given due to Juan Carlos Toja's foul in the box
- 68': Alan Gordon goal for San Jose on penalty
- 88': Simon Dawkins (San Jose) yellow carded
- 90+2': Fabian Espindola goal for San Jose (Neither my defender or the goalkeeper wanted the ball!)
Injury Update: Benny Feilhaber out 5-6 weeks with a twisted ankle and has been placed on the Disabled List
Manager's Comments: This was atrocious. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, or if the players are just not quality, but we have lots of room for improvement.
3.17.2012 - New England Revolution 1 @ Sporting Kansas City 0
- 7': Kevin Alston (New England) yellow carded
- 46': Jose Moreno goal for New England
- 16': Chris Tierney (New England) yellow carded
- 84': Roger Espinoza (Kansas City) yellow carded
Injury Report: Blair Gavin out 3 weeks with a gashed leg
Manager's Comments: It was an ugly grinder, but we won, and the post match pep talk helped greatly with morale. I moved back to a shorter passing style with the 4-4-2.
3.24.2012 - Portland Timbers 1 @ New England Revolution 2
- 5': Clyde Simms goal for New England
- 21': Kei Kamara goal for New England
- 47': Jack Jewsbury (Portland) given yellow card for simulation
- 60': Lovel Palmer goal for Portland
- 66': Kris Boyd disallowed goal for Portland (offside)
Manager's Comments: After having a great first half, we tried to do everything possible to blow our lead, then, with about 20 minutes left, we got our second wind, and while we didn't score, we did control the ball and not let Portland have chances.
3.31.2012 - New England Revolution @ Los Angeles Galaxy
- 7': Jose Moreno goal for New England
- 37': Juninho (Los Angeles) yellow carded
- 47': Kevin Alston (New England) yellow carded
- 50': Kevin Alston goal for New England
- 52': Robbie Keane goal for Los Angeles
- 55': David Junior Lopes (Los Angeles) yellow carded
- 68': Clyde Simms goal for New England
- 71': Jerry Bengston goal for New England
- 81': Michael Stephens (Los Angeles) yellow carded
Manager's Comments: A great win! We don't have the big name internationals like Los Angeles has, but we did have the quality today.