great start mate. and what a win against becks n co. good luck
May 2012 Update
- (5.3.2012) The New England Revolution were rumored to be in talks with Italian goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini, but they broke down.
- (5.13.2012) The New England Revolution have waived striker Dmitry Imbongo. He was on a $80,000 per year contract. His release frees up the salary as well as an international slot. He cleared waivers on 5.14.2012 and is a free agent.
Match Results and Other News:
5.3.2012 - Colorado Rapids 2 @ New England Revolution 4
- 24': Jose Moreno goal for New England
- 37': Jerry Bengston (New England) yellow carded for diving
- 45+2': Jerry Bengston goal for New England
- 45+3': Clyde Simms (New England) yellow carded for a bad tackle
- 48': Blair Gavin (New England) yellow carded
- 53': Conor Casey goal for Colorado
- 61': Omar Cummings goal for Colorado
- 80': Jerry Bengston goal for New England
- 87': Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado) yellow carded for unsportsmanlike conduct
- 90+2': Jerry Bengston goal for New England
Manager's Comments: At the start of the month, the board said they were displeased at our attempts to play attacking soccer. Suck it, board. Jerry Bengston is a revelation with his 2nd hat trick. We almost lost a win there, but we came back and got it done.
Disciplinary Note: MLS has suspended Kevin Alston for 2 more matches after this one as a result of his red card.
5.5.2012 - New England Revolution 1 @ Real Salt Lake 0
- 1': Blair Gavin (New England) yellow carded
- 44': Clyde Simms goal for New England
- 49': Clyde Simms (New England) yellow carded
Manager's Comments: The stat sheet said otherwise, but it seemed like Real Salt Lake had more chances. They certainly had more possession. I thought we would have more success against their narrow 4-1-2-1-2 but we only managed to score 1. Thankfully it was the game-winner!
5.12.2012 - Vancouver Whitecaps @ New England Revolution
- 36': Dane Richards (Vancouver) yellow carded
- 85': Russell Telbert (Vancouver) yellow carded
- 90+2': Darren Mattocks goal for Vancouver
Manager's Comments: When this was looking like it would be a draw, I would have agreed Vancouver would have won if it had went to a judges' decision, but having the point ripped away with a late winner really hurts. Still, we're in very good shape! Also, I was caught with my pants down when Benny Feilhaber got injured and had to leave the pitch in the 80th minute, and I had used up all 3 subs.
5.19.2012 - Houston Dynamo 0 @ New England Revolution 1
- 65': Blair Gavin goal for New England
Manager's Comments: This was a workmanlike game for us, we had possession, had chances, forced the other team to shoot from range, and got one in to win it.
Blair Gavin was asked in the postgame press conference what it was like to score his first ever goal in MLS. Gavin said, "It was a great play by the team and a great moment from me, and I'm glad it got us the win."
Injury Update: Kevin Alston will be out 2 to 3 weeks with a damaged elbow from the Dynamo match. It hurts to lose him again right after he comes back from suspension, but we've gotten used to playing without him and we'll have to return to that.
Injury Update: (5.20.2012) Sainey Nyassi will be out 2 to 3 weeks with a gashed leg suffered in a reserves match against Montreal.
Injury Update: (5.22.2012) Saer Sene will be out 7 weeks to 2 months with a double hernia. He is currently on loan at RC Lens.
US Open Cup Update: (5.22.2012) The New England Revolution will face the Richmond Kickers in the third round of the US Open Cup. The game will be held at Gillette Stadium in 7 days' time.
Head Coach Firing: (5.23.2012) The LA Galaxy have fired head coach Bruce Arena.
5.26.2012 - New England Revolution 3 @ DC United 3
- 14': Maicon Santos goal for DC
- 18': Dwayne De Rosario goal for DC
- 30': Penalty awarded to New England (Brandon McDonald foul)
- 31': Juan Carlos Toja goal for New England (penalty)
- 71': Penalty awarded to New England (Drew Moor foul; Moor yellow carded)
- 72': Juan Carlos Toja goal for New England (penalty)
- 90': Jose Moreno goal for New England
- 90+3': Dwayne De Rosario goal for DC
Manager's Comments: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! We were very lucky to even get a point in this game, considering we went down 2-0 very early. I had to change to a more direct counter attacking strategy. Thankfully the referee awarded us one penalty and gave us another and we converted them. Once Moreno got the 90th minute goal we were savoring victory, but we let one in at the last moment, even though we went totally defensive.
5.29.2012 - US Open Cup Third Round: Richmond Kickers 1 @ New England Revolution 3
33': Lee Nguyen goal for New England
40': Luke Vercollone (Richmond) given yellow card
52': David Bulow goal for Richmond
69': Jerry Bengston goal for New England
90+2': Henry Kalungi (Richmond) given yellow card
90+2': Benny Feilhaber goal for New England (free kick)
Manager's Comments: The media may think we should have won by more, but this is a good win. You still have to earn goals against weaker sides, and sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. It bounced our way today.
Other Notes: The New England Revolution will play the LA Galaxy in the fourth round at Gillette Stadium on 6.20.2012. The winner will either play New York or Chivas USA.