As a result there are certain files within the FM 2018 installation folders that prevent you from managing the aforementioned national teams and also exclude real players showing up in their rosters.
Fixing this problem is as simple as deleting a few files, but you will have to start a new save-game for the fix to take immediate effect. It may work in games you've already created, it just doesn't happen instantly; you have to wait until the next international squads are announced.
Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ football manager 2018 \ data \ database \ db \ 1830 \ lnc \ all
[username] > library > Application Support > Steam > steamapps > common > football manager 2018 > data > database > db > 1830 > lnc > all
Here you will find 5 files:
- greek name change.lnc
- korean name change.lnc
Once you're done deleting the license files, start a new save game.
List of CorrectionsHere is the complete list of what gets unlocked:
- National teams of Germany and Japan become playable.
- Enable player pics for national teams of The Netherlands and France.
- Fix real name of Oliver Kahn (he's with nickname Jens Mustermann).
- Fix names for various Danish, Swedish and French competitions.
- Restore real players for the team Albirex Niigata (Singapore).
- Fix colors and names for various clubs, stadiums, cities in Asian countries.
Tip: You might need to apply the same process for the 1800 and 1810 folders.