Released: 17 November 2017
As usual the update is save game compatible, so you don't have to start a new save game to apply the fixes.
You will need to close down Football Manager 2018 and re-launch for it to update. If this does not work for you or you feel it has not updated, you will need to restart Steam.
Even if that doesn't do the trick, then verify the game cache will.
List of ChangesSTABILITY & PERFORMANCE
- Fixed crash/freeze during processing
- Fixed rare crash when joining online game
- Fixed rare crash when offering player contract
- Fixed Windows 32-bit crash on launch
- Improved graphics benchmarking for Windows 32-bit systems
- Fixed slowdown encountered when running custom data
- Fixed slowdown whilst editing attributes with IGE
- Fixed match freeze after tactical changes
- Fixed 'Teams Are Warming Up' dialog showing at incorrect time
- Fixed replay displaying at incorrect time
- Fixed missing flashing goal text in Commentary Only
- Fixed score inconsistency upon completion of network game match
- Fixed representation of player height in match
- Fixed invisible players on Mac OS X 10.9 NVIDIA systems
- Fixed instances of player names not appearing correctly within the match
- Balanced scouting costs within scouting range
- Fixed missing league expectations in Belgium
For any feedback in regards to this update, please use the official FM18 Feedback Thread (requires free membership on Sports Interactive forum).