- I’ve noticed that after the World Cup, nations from Oceania, South and North America have no competitive fixtures during the international fixtures windows and they always play meaningless friendlies during this period. Whereas for the European nations, they have the UEFA Nations League to play after a major tournament.
- So I’ve decided to create the Global Challenge Cup, an international tournament contested between all 10 South American nations, 11 best ranked North American nations and 3 best ranked Oceanian nations so that they have competitive matches to play during the period after the World Cup. The tournament will be held every four years starting in September 2022.
- The group stage is consisted of 6 groups of 4 and matches are played home and away during the September, October and November international windows. Top 2 teams and 4 best 3rd placed teams advanced to the knockout rounds played in June the next year at a host nation.
- The competition has a high reputation so performing well in this tournament can boost the national team ranking.
- Also I’ve added the Superclásico de las Américas, the friendly trophy that is contested between the two giants of South America, Brazil and Argentina. The match is played every year in July at a neutral stadium from all across the world.
Enjoy the custom files and your feedbacks are much appreciated.