It's something that was being planned for months like last year's version, but I believe this is new one has a far better core and hopefully I won't have to redesign everything from scratch next year.
My top priority has been performance and usability. The goal has been the same for years: to improve this place and make it the best it can be.
So what are the NEW features?Yes, there are a few new features already integrated and some others that will follow in the next few weeks.
- Steam Achievements for members. You can now sync your account with Steam.
- Redesigned from scratch with focus on user experience.
- Better and easier to navigation main menu 2 levels deep.
- New member panel, more streamlined than ever.
- Email notification for new content for members.
- Verified Buyer site badge for members who bought FM from our store.
- Easier to browse downloads with sidebar tree menu and new ways to view items.
- Introducing activity charts for top authors, manager stories, downloads, pages.
- Introducing site badges. A set of prestigious awards for members.
- Improved page presentation, especially for downloads (scrolling download bar).
- Various other improvements you'll notice while using the site.
And some upcoming ones...
- Social Scouting (I know it's 1 year late, but better late than never).
- FM TV (an area where you can promote your FM videos)
- FM Weekly (a weekly digest of the best content around the scene)
- Story of the Week/Month/Year (a very prestigious award for members)
- Fantasy Leagues (a weekly recap of the progress of our private leagues)
Bug reports and suggestions?It's possible I might have overlooked something while working on the actual upgrade process in the past few weeks. Whatever issues you might encounter, or in case you have an idea how to make something better, please use this topic : fmscout.com v2013 beta or email me at stam [AT] fmscout [DOT]
Team RecruitsWe are a small team at the moment and will be recruiting new staff members soon. In the next few days, I'll be writing about how to become a member of our team and which are the available roles.
ThanksI'd like to use this space to thank the people who helped me testing the new site in early beta stages and brainstorm their ideas with me. And to my fiance for trying to keep me calm and sane during the entire process.
Special thanks to joannes3000, akash.vidyasagar, ejay, and also to mdlp1991, or.dabool.