On this page, we're listing all officially confirmed facts alongside estimates of what we can expect and when in the latest instalment of the Football Manager franchise. This way you can be easily checking everything we know about Football Manager 2023 during the pre-release period.
I'll keep this summary piece constantly updated, so check back often for new information. Without further ado; let us get started.
Pre-purchase FM23 from FM ScoutStart playing 2 weeks earlier with early beta access, and get a verified buyer badge for your member account!
FM 2023 Release Dates
- FM23 out in early November, specifically on the 8th.
- FM 23, FM23 Console, FM23 Touch and FM23 Mobile will all be released simultaneously.
- FM23 Beta version will be made available roughly two weeks prior to the official release date. October 25th is a possible date.
- The free FM2023 Demo is expected on the same day as the final game release.
- FM 2023 Touch returns for Nintendo Switch, but also for iOS after a one-year hiatus.
Football Manager 2023 Editions
FM 23 Physical Copy
- When purchasing a physical copy of Football Manager 2023 - it will not come with a disk. Rather, the package contains a unique code that once redeemed, enables play via Steam, Epic Games or the Microsoft Store.
- There will also be no notebook for this year’s edition to further refine Sports Interactive’s eco-packaging and footprint.
Console is the new name for the FM23 brand which is released on Xbox and now PlayStation.
- Returns to Xbox and Xbox Game Pass.
- Football Manager 2023 will make its debut on PlayStation 5.
- For consoles, full functionality will be revealed in early October alongside pre-order details.
- For the PS5; the game will be optimised for console play.
FM Mobile 2023
- iOS and Google Play pre-orders/pre-registration will begin in October.
- Also in October will be details of what is new in the Mobile version of FM23.
- Returns to the Nintendo Switch.
- Returns to iPad with Apple Arcade after a one year-hiatus.
- Full details for the return to iPad with Apple Arcade will drop in October along with improvements and other details (which are shared with the Nintendo Switch).
- Players will now be able to access the 3D match engine on iPhone for the first time.
- The experience can also be shared on iPad, Mac and Apple TV.
- You can keep your career on the move across all your Apple devices through your Arcade subscription.
- Reminder notifications can be found and set once you visit the App Store and more information can be found on Apple Arcade.
Timeline of official FM23 NewsSports Interactive's studio director Miles Jacobson and the official Football Manager account (both on Twitter) are the 2 sources of verified news about the game. The details below are all originally posted on these 2 Twitter accounts.
|Gameplay feature complete
mid August (estimate)
|UI feature complete
late August (estimate)
early September (estimate)
|Start taking screens/videos
mid September onward
25 October (estimate)
FM23 Announce Day - 8 September 2022
- New FM23 features to be announced late September.
- UEFA Licensing across all of FM’s platforms (PC/Mac, Console, Touch & Mobile). That means that across UEFA club competition match days there will be official branding across a number of pre, post and matchday screens.
- FM23 release date announced.
- Five Football Manager 2023 screenshots revealed on the official FM23 Touch page on the Mac App Store.
- Football Manager Touch returns to Nintendo Switch and to iOS after a one-year hiatus.
- FM23 minimum system requirements made public.
FM23 Features Reveal Day - 29 September 2022
- A long 42-minute video got published on YouTube, elaborating on the headline features. You can watch it on our FM 23 Preview Videos page.
- The key new features and improvements are as follows: Recruitment Revamp, Match AI and Animation, UEFA club competitions licence, Supporter Confidence, Dynamic Manager Timeline. You can read about them on our FM 2023 Features page.
News between announce day and public beta release
- Deep dive into the official feature blogs for further insight into the five key headline areas.
September 30th / Source
- Headline features revealed via a YouTube video.
September 29th / Source
- Feature reveal teaser video, unveiling a couple of features such as the Squad Planner and Supporter Confidence.
September 22nd / Source
- Published the provisional list of the best FM23 free agents that features nearly 300 players with recommendation ratings and easy one-click sorting.
- Added OS requirements for FM23 Touch on Apple devices (13.0 or later).
- Expanded the list of possible new FM23 wonderkids who might make their debut in the 2023 database.
- Women's football will debut in a future version of the game, but won't be included in FM23.
September 12th / Source
Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat are the new features of FM23?
Sports Interactive won't say because the game is not ready for showing yet. Not all features are final at this point, they’ll begin to showcase new features from late September.
Can my computer run FM23? It runs FM22 no problem.
According to the official product page on Steam store, here are FM23 minimum system requirements. Sports Interactive suggest that if your computer runs FM22 okay, you should be fine with FM23 as the system specs are identical. They're also pretty much the same as FM21.
When is the Pre-Release Beta?
The pre-release Beta is out approximately two weeks before the final release, so it should unlock around October 25th or so.
What's happening with the Nintendo Switch version?
The game will return to Nintendo Switch. Release details about FM Touch 2023 and its Switch flavour will drop in October.
Will FM23 come to PlayStation?
YES! The heavily-anticipated PS5 debut takes place with FM23 Console (PS5). Full features and functionality will be revealed in early October.
If you have any questions, feel free to post in the comment section down below.
Pre-purchase FM23 from fmscout.com to enjoy early access to the Beta version by late October, a unique buyer badge on our site, and our gratitude for supporting our community financially.