Premier League clubs
League 1 clubs
League 2 clubs
League 3 clubs
League 4 clubs
XXL version improvements:
Compatible with the final FM 18.3 database.
+30,000 database changes (73,727 total changes)
I took the Database updates from the FM18 Transfer & Data Update by pr0 + FMTU. I only used the transfers update, the injury update, added the 45 new wonderkids and included the CA/PA changes.
There are NO league or structure changes from the XL version, only 18.3 compatibility.
If you are already playing an XL version game, there is no reason to start again, unless you want to!
There are NO database conflicts or errors. I've been playing the XL version for 10 full seasons with FC United, and I also simulated 50 years.
XL version improvements:
+17,000 database changes (47,000 total changes)
+80 new clubs (652 total clubs)
Improved match scheduling
Improved league rules like U21's can play matches without registration.
Added all the league and cup history (past winners) and records.
Improved TV and prize pool money and distribution.
About 50 hours extra time editing; my entire weekend, and a few evenings.
- 7 weeks work (weekends and nights). I started editing the day the game was launched, I haven't even played the game yet, I've just been working on this scenario and simulating games
- Over 47,000 Database changes (17,000 added in the XL version)
- 652 clubs; 12 levels; 58 countries, 24 groups in total; the Premier league has 20 clubs, most other groups have 24 clubs
- The top 174 clubs by reputation are included (all clubs with 6300+ reputation).
- All playable clubs from England are included. I also included many old clubs (oldest 3 clubs in England as well as oldest clubs from most countries)
- 300 awards, 4 Cups
- Every team has an Under 23 and Under 18 team; this took the longest time editing; because I gave them custom names and reputation; and I had to move all the staff and players from the B teams in other leagues, into their parent club (the Spanish clubs are especially painful). This took me about 3 weeks.
- Custom graphics; league logos and backgrounds
- High quality, very well balanced (hundreds of hours of simulations)
- Very challenging due to the strength of the competition in each league. I've never seen a club win the treble!
- Re-balanced all other leagues reputations (Formula: Average reputation divided by 40 = new league reputation)
- Re-balanced all clubs and Nations Youth Ratings, Facilities; Players Wages, Transfer Values etc.
- All clubs are still `based` in their own native country!
- Unlike other Super League scenarios, teams are not seeded by their reputation. Originally the teams were seeded by the squad salary values, then through many simulations, the teams went through a series of promotions and relegations (I simulated the 2017/2018 season about 20 times)! I don't use reputation to seed the clubs, because it's very inaccurate when it comes to the actual clubs strength. Every league has their yo-yo teams, which are hard to seed.
- Includes the standard Transfer windows, 25 player squads, `3 from 7` subs etc.
- The Champions League has been re-worked to only include clubs from the WSL. The new World Champions League now includes 128 clubs in the group stage from the top 6 divisions! Also, instead of only having 4 teams per group, there are 8 teams per group, so you play 14 matches in the group stage. 16 groups, top 2 teams advance, so 32 teams leave the group stage.
- The lower divisions (Division 1 ~ 6) have a `Europa League`.
- The lowest divisions (Division 5 & 6) are essentially just the Vanarama National leagues (lots of semi-pro clubs), with some extra clubs. If you want to start playing from a mid-league or top-league club, you can remove the bottom two leagues, and only play from Division 4 and above.
- Cup and League schedules have been very carefully balanced so the matches don't overlap; through many hours of simulations. You will have to play 68 league and cup games in the season to make it to the Champions League and FA Cup final. But you should have at least 2 days rest between games.
- Extensive league and cup history (past winners) and records have been added.
- Improved TV and prize pool money and distribution.
- Most other leagues are NOT playable anymore, this is not an issue. You only need England! Most leagues don't have enough professional clubs to function anymore. This will NOT cause a problem, I've simulated the game far into the future without any crashes or instability etc.
Clubs by nation OLD version (there are more in the XL version)
|Salford FC||Division 5 A||2500||Long||Hard||Club owned by Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt|
|FC United of Manchester||Division 6 B||2400||Long||Very hard|
|Leeds United||League 4||5800||Medium||Medium||The `sleeping giant`|
|Aston Villa||League 3||6200||Medium||Medium||Founding member of the FA and Premier League|
|West Ham United||Championship||6900||Short||Medium||Never won the Premier League|
|Sheffield FC||Division 6 A||2000||Long||Very hard||Oldest football club in the world|
|Hallam FC||Division 6 B||2000||Long||Very hard||2nd oldest football club in the world|
|Cray Wanderers||Division 6 A||2000||Long||Very hard||3rd oldest football club in the world|
|Rangers||Division 1 A||6000||Medium||Medium|
|Aberdeen||Division 3 C||5750||Medium-long||Medium-hard|
|Paris FC||Division 4 B||5100||Medium-long||Medium-hard||Split from PSG|
|TSV 1860 München||Division 4 A||5200||Medium-long||Medium-hard||Founding member and former Bundesliga club|
|Dresdner SC||Division 6 B||2000||Long||Hard||Oldest football club in Germany|
|BFC Alemannia||Division 6 A||2000||Long||Hard||Oldest club in Germany (not oldest football club); founding member of German FA|
|Pro Vercelli||Division 4 C||5450||Medium-long||Medium-hard||The club won seven Italian Football Championships from 1908 to 1922|
|Académica de Coimbra||Division 3 C||5850||Long||Medium-hard||Oldest club in Portugal|
|Recreativo de Huelva||Division 4 C||4600||Medium-long||Medium-hard||Oldest club in Spain|
How to Install WSL XXL in FM18Extract files.
Copy the `World Super League XXL - v18.3.fmf` file to:
C:\Users\[__USERNAME__]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\editor data
Copy the `graphics` folder to:
C:\Users\[__USERNAME__]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\graphics
The custom graphics are compatible with other logo and background packs! Just make sure my pack is under /graphics/WSL/
If the custom graphics don't show, check the file paths again and then go to `Preferences` -> `Interface` -> click `Clear Cache` ... then go BACK into `Preferences` and click `Reload Skin` on the bottom. This can be done anytime during a game!
NOTE: .fmf files must be placed directly in the `editor data` folder without sub-folders in `editor data` folder!
Start new career game, select `World Super League XXL` from the `Database` Drop down box on top right, then click `Advanced Setup` and select England.
NB NB NB: Please disable all other custom leagues and database changes in the `Database` Drop down box!
PS: The Steam Workshop file doesn't include the custom graphics, but allows you to play with friends. Just add the graphics from the download pack!
Remember that on game start, you'll see many disabled leagues, you don't need them! Just play with England! The game is stable and won't crash!
Leave a comment if you enjoyed it! I like seeing feedback, it motivates me for next year!
Good luck and may the football gods be with you on your journey to world domination!