- The Munster Senior League, the Leinster Senior League, and the Ulster Senior League are now playable. Additional teams from the lower tiers of the lower sections of the pyramid have been added to the Ulster Senior League to balance out numbers.
- The champions from each provincial league is promoted to the LOI First Division, with the bottom three teams in the First Division relegated each season.
- Kerry FC is now a senior team competing in the LOI First Division.
- The League of Ireland Cup (the EA Sports Cup) has been saved from extinction.
- A provincial cup has been added for Ulster.
- Prize and TV money has been increased somewhat (5x for league position and cup ties, and up to 10x for TV money depending on division).
- League has been moved back to a winter league.
Discussion: Ireland - Three Tiers with Promotion and Relegation
No comments have been posted yet..