Liverpool's un-beaten run continues
Liverpool fans celebrate their team's winning streak
Barcelona 0 - 0 Liverpool
Jordi Alba (33), Lucas Leiva (62), Javier Mascherano (69), Marc Bartra (77), Daniel Alves (89)
Pepe Reina, Johnson, Agger, Sakho, Enrique, Markovic, Henderson, Lucas, Gerrard(C), Coutinho, Lambert.
Liverpool has begun October with an away match against La Liga runner-ups, Barcelona at Camp Nou while almost 97,500 fans were cheering for the Spanish team who were the favourite team for the upcoming clash.
Liverpool came to the game with 3 points in Group D of Champions League 2014-2015 after a 1-0 win against Celtic from a penalty of Steven Gerrard in the 20th minute while Barcelona beat Paris Saint-Germain from a goal of Brazilian striker, Neymar, in the 28th miute.
The players of Luis Enrique controlled the match with superiority throughout the whole 90 minutes however could not push the ball into the net of Liverpool, besides that there were no remarkable events in what many would call a boring match.
Tottenham 1 - 3
Steven Gerrard (24, 27), Daniel Sturidge (42), Christian Eriksen (59)
Pepe Reina, Johnson, Agger, Sakho, Enrique, Sterling, Henderson, Lucas, Gerrard(C), Coutinho, Sturridge.
Liverpool faced Tottenham in the gameweek 7 at White Hart Line as 35,000 fans occupied the stands to cheer up their favored Premier League team.
It was a game many have looked for as it brought together the first and second placed teams, Tottenham and Liverpool, respectively. However there were changes in the table after Liverpool dominated the game and led 3-0 in the break, only to Eriksen to score in second half and make it 3-1.
The first goal came in the 24th minute from the stunning free-kick, after Sandro took down Henderson. Gerrard completed a brace and doubled the result three minutes later as Coutinho fed him with a great ball and he scored his 100th goal for Liverpool.
Daniel Sturridge made the score to 3-0 just before halftime with a forceful shot into the bottom left corner after Jordan Henderson set him to one versus one with a through ball.
The last event of the game was Eriksen's goal from a rebound after a shot of Totteham's striker, Pizarro hit the post.
- Sterling on the right wing, onto Henderson and Sandro tackles him a inch from the box. The referee whistles and it is a free kick, a very dangerous spot and Gerrard could definitely score it.
- Gerrard, with the free kick. He shots the ball and it goes over the wall and straight into the right top corner, goooaaaal! Lloris had no chance to save this free kick!
- Coutinho finds Gerrard in the box with a short pass despite Walker and Dembélé double-marking him, Gerrard fires a shot and Lloris touches it but it still goes in. It is a goal for Liverpool, 2-0 for the visitors.
- Goaaaal! Jordan Henderson sent Daniel Sturridge to an one versus one against Hugo Lloris who couldn't stop the English striker that slotted the ball into the net just before half-time, 3-0 for Liverpool!
- Paulinho passes to Pizarro who turns on Agger and releases a great shot, it hits the post! Eriksen runs for the rebound and he makes it before Liverpool's defenders, he scores! It is a 3-1! Maybe Spurs will do a comeback?
- The final whistle is heard now, Tottenham couldn't comeback from 3 goals behind and Liverpool deservedly takes the 3 points from this match. Good bye!
Liverpool 7 - 2
Coutinho (1, 25, pen 54), Daniel Sturidge (16), Gareth McAuley (20), Joleon Lescott (40), Jordan Henderson (75), Raheem Sterling (84)
Chris Baird (73)
Lucas Leiva (3), Claudio Yacob (39), Chris Brunt (81), Dejan Lovren (86), Craig Gardner (88)
Pepe Reina(C), Johnson, Lovren, Sakho, Enrique, Lucas, Henderson, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge.
Liverpool hosted a match against West Bromwich Albion at Anfield to the eyes of nearly 44,000 fans who couldn't stop shouting Liverpool players' names, in what turned to be a disaster for the visitors since the 1st minute when Coutinho, man of the match, started the show with a push to a cross of Glen Johnson. The goal shocked West Bromwich and in contrast fired the players of Liverpool who pursued the second goal, it arrived fifteen minutes later when Sturridge scored from 10m, assisted by a short-pass of Sterling. West Bromwich recovered from the shock and reduced to 2-1 when McAuley shot the ball in after Pepe Reina omitted the ball following a cross from free-kick of Pocognoli.
Coutinho made the goal difference to two again when Lallana found Henderson in the box with a cross, he played it to Coutinho who had no problem of burying it and complete a brace.
Lescott changed the scoreboard to 3-2 in the 40th minute when he jumped for the corner of Chris Brunt over Sakho and headed it in with ease and the first half was over with that result.
The second half was a pure celebration of Liverpool and embarrasment of West Bromwich with three goals of Liverpool and one own goal of Chris Baird made it 7-2 in full time, the scorers for Liverpool were Coutinho with penalty that awarded him a hat trick, Jordan Henderson and English winger, Raheem Sterling.
- Goal, goooaal, gooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaal! Coutinho runs towards the right post to reach for Glen Johnson's cross, he is first to reach the ball and he shoots, goaaaalll! His shot beat the goalkeeper and it is 1-0, so early in the game! West Bromwich are shocked while the fans at Anfield are going wild.
Goal! Sterling is inside the box and moves the ball to Sturridge who is in a great position to bag the ball in and so he did! 2-0 to Liverpool, a brilliant start for The Reds!
- Gooaaal! McAuley pulled one back for West Bromwich after an un-usual mistake by Pepe Reina who missed the ball from cross of Pocognoli, McAuley had no problem tapping it in.
- Lallana crossed the ball into the box from the right wing and found Henderson who slipped it to Coutinho and he steered it into the net.
Joleon Lescott jumped higher than any of Liverpool defenders, especially his guard Sakho and headed it into the net forcefully.
- An eventful first half comes to an end, I'm eagerly waiting to see what second half brings to us.
- Lovren tossed a throw-in toward Sturridge in the box and he was pushed down by Gardner, the referee looked to his assistant and he blows a whistle. A penalty kick for Liverpool. Coutinho is behind the ball with the possiblity to complete a hat trick and he smashes it into the left corner. 4-2 to Liverpool!
- Morrison clears the corner of Henderson towards Agger who headed it forward to the goal, the ball hits Baird's leg and the ball is pushed into the net. An own goal for the right full back, Chris Baird.
- Goal! The show still runs on and it is Jordan Henderson who joins the scoreboard as he beat Forster with an accurate shot to other side of the net from within the box after a through ball of Sterling. 6-2 for Liverpool, unbelieveable!
- This is already too embarrasing defeat for the visitors, Raheem Sterling's name shows on scoreboard with only six minutes left for injury time. Gardner intercepted a pass of Gerrard to Sterling but he passed it back to his goalkeeper, Sterling exploited the confusion and ran for the ball before Forster and Gardner and tucked it in.
- The referee blows the whistle and it is full time now, a brilliant performances by Liverpool and much less by West Bromwich which leaves the stadium ashamed after a harsh defeat.
Liverpool 3 - 1
Lucas Leiva (49), Coutinho (56), Fabio Borini (pen 78), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (88)
Yohan Cabaye (15), Blaise Matuidi (32), Lucas Leiva (42), Daniel Agger (42), Thiago Silva (78), Serge Aurier (78)
Pepe Reina(C), Johnson, Lovren, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Henderson, Coutinho, Markovic, Sterling, Sturridge.
Liverpool played their third game in Champions League against Ligue 1 champions, Paris Saint-Germain at Anfield. The match turned out to be quite easy for the Premier League team who dominated the game which failed to meet the expectations of many fans and journalists who thought it would be a tight game between the two teams.
Lucas Leiva gave Liverpool the lead as he tucked in a cross of Henderson, seven minutes later it was Coutinho who nailed a free kick into Sirigu's top right corner, a beautiful free kick from the Brazilian attacking midfielder. Twenty minutes later, Coutinho was pulled down into the box by Serge Aurier during a chase for the ball, Borini translated the penalty kick into a goal with a shot to the left corner while Sirigu jumped to the right side.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic pulled one back in the 88th minute with a shot to Cabaye's cross from a free-kick but it was useless goal for the French team who suffered a loss against Liverpool.
- Goal! Goal! Goal! Jordan Henderson lifts a corner into the 5m box and Lucas Leiva is there to tap the ball into the net. 1-0 to Liverpool.
- Pjanic barged Coutinho in the back and the referee who was close, whistled for a foul.
- Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaalllll! Coutinho took the free kick and curved towards the top left corner and inside, what a fantastic free kick by the young player! 2-0!
- Penalty! Sturridge passes in to Coutinho and he goes down, Serge Aurier pushed Coutinho and the assistant raises the flag, the referee points to the penalty spot. Aurier is shown the yellow card and so is Thiago Silva after argument with the referee for his decision.
-Goaaaal! Fabio Borini runs for the ball and shoots the penalty in, 3-0 for Liverpool!
- Cabaye crosses the free kick into the box and Ibrahimovic reaches to the ball with his right foot, the ball is smashed in. Goal! 3-1!
- The game is over after a great performances by The Reds. Coutinho is awarded the Man of The Match title, deserved.
Sunderland 0 - 2
Adam Lallan (6), Glen Johnson (42)
Pepe Reina, Johnson, Sakho, Agger, Enrique, Can, Henderson, Gerrard(C), Lallana, Sterling, Sturridge.
Glen Johnson had a great game against Sunderland with a goal and Man of The Match title.
Liverpool travelled to Sunderland after established herself in the first place, in order to meet Sunderland A.F.C at Stadium of Light with 46,350 fans in the stands. Surprisingly, the game was a walk in the park for Liverpool who struggled to cope with the fatigue in the squad after a tight schedule and Sunderland took advantage however could not win the Merseyside club which is on nine games un-beaten runs in the league, with only one draw out of the nine matches.
Liverpool came on top very early in the game, only six minutes in when Adam Lallana that scored an assist of Steven Gerrard. And just three minutes before half time, the English right full-back, Glen Johnson has doubled the score by taking advantage of confusion in Sunderland's defence to reach for a loss ball in the box and tucked it in.
- Gerrard with the ball 30m from the goal, he flicks into Lallana who gets to the ball and strikes. Goaaaal, goaaal! 1-0 to Liverpool early in the game.
A shot of Sturridge is blocked and the ball is pushed to Glen Johnson who was free of defenders due to a misunderstanding in Sunderland's defence and fired the ball in. 2-0 to The Reds!
Game is over! A game with not many remarkable events or an outstanding performances of each of the teams but still Liverpool takes another win this season.
Liverpool 3 - 0
Adam Lallan (3), Coutinho (55), Fabio Borini (70)
Anthony Wordsworth (26), Dejan Lovren (32), Tommy Smith (39), Jack Robinson (42)
Mignolet, Manquillo, Lovren, Sakho(C), Robinson, Lucas, Romero, Allen, Lallana, Coutinho, Borini.
Liverpool hosted a Capital One Cup 4th round game against Sky Bet Championship side, Ipswich Town, at Anfield with approximately 27,000 fans watching.
The favorie was clearly the club from Merseyside who had no problem triumphing the opponent after a game that was dominated by them easily, backed up by the statistics which is in clear favor of Liverpool.
The Reds enjoys a fantastic start to 2014-2015 season with an un-beaten run of thirteen games and only two draws in all competitions, scoring 30 goals and only 6 goals conceded which proves the great defence they have. This match was no different with Liverpool taking the lead after three minutes as Adam Lallana got on the scoreboard after a forward pass to feet of Borini to him and he had no problem scoring it against Gerken. The scoreboard turned to 2-0 ten minutes in the second half with a goal of Coutinho who got the ball out of the box from Joe Allen and shot it directly into the bottom left corner, a late jump of the goalkeeper of Ipswich allowed it in.
Borini sealed the result in the 70th minute a goal kick of Mignolet went over the defence, he gained control and rushed towards the opponent's box. Gerken rushed out and Borini who noticed it, decided to chip it over him straight into the net.
- Borini with the ball and Lallana makes a run into the box, Borini passes it in and Lallana gets the ball. He shoots and it is...GOOOOAAAAAALLL! 1-0 to Liverpool!
- Liverpool passed around outside the box and the final pass from Joe Allen to Coutinho who took advantage of the goalkeeper's lack of alertness who jumped late for the shot, it is a goal! 2-0 to Liverpool, Coutinho with another goal, fantastic season to the Brazilian!
- Gooooaaal, goaaal, GOOOOAAAAL! Mignolet kicks forward the goal kick and it passes the defence, Borini chases the ball and so is Gerken who rushes out. Borini reaches first, Gerken is out of the goal, what will do? He chips it over, the goalkeeper of Ipswich touches it but it rolls into the net, 3-0!
- The game is now over with the referee's whistle, it was a brilliant performance of Borini with a goal and an assist.