Pre season report , Profits , transfers and expectations
The minimum expectation I could set for myself this season was a top half finish so that's what I have gone for. And to help me achieve this I have been given £22 million and a wage budget of £500,000 Which has doubled from last year I currently spend £217,000 on wages a week which will be cut down even more so when a few players leave so this will definitely help me rebuild and strengthen. I'm not to bothered if I don't finish as high as I did last season I will be happy to just make the top 10 this year and maybe have a good run in the cups.
I have decided against adding pictures of the players I have bought instead I will be adding their names , abilty stars and writing a review on each player.
(GK) £1.5 million
With Flahavan retiring it left me with just 1 goalkeeper so I needed to bring in another one.
- After impressing me last season while on loan his contract had expired so I decided to bring him back to the club.
(DR) £3.5 million
- Zubars ability had dropped over last season and with us now entering Europe I needed someone with more experience.
- At 33 Kolo Toure will bring bags of experience especially for the European games and for a free transfer we really have got a great player.
(CB) £4 million
- My defence was one area that really needed strengthening now we are in Europe and at 25 Hovland is already a great CB who could get better still.
- I am really happy with this signing Joe Cole will definitely bring a lot of creativity to the team.
- At 33 and with a lot of international caps to get Barry on a free transfer was a real coup he will also bring a lot of experience to the team.
- Joe will definitely have a role to play in the squad this season as we are going to have a lot of games coming up he is relatively young and I was delighted to get him on a free.
(MRC) - Free
- After impressing me last season on loan after his contract had expired at Everton I decided to snap him up he will mainly be used as a rotation player and I still feel like he has a lot to offer the team.
(ST) £3 million
- After not being able to sign Adebayor due to his ridiculous wage demands I definitely needed a new striker and thought about a target man and Yakubu fits the bill perfectly.
(ST) £2.5 million
- Chris is only young and I bought him for the future and for the time being he will also provide good back up incase of injuries.
After bringing in 11 players I decided I needed to sell some along with the players who I had released he was sold for £2.6 million to Stoke.
Same reason as Donal I needed to get rid of a few players due to the size of the squad and money I had spent I sold him for £1.5 million to Bolton.
With the number of defendrs we had brought in I decided to offload Francis to Swindon for £100,000 as he was surplus to requirements.
I decided to loan Daniels out to Southampton for the season.
- After making 105 appearances for the club and scoring 11 goals Addo's contract expired and I decided not to renew it with him being 35 he had no interest in becoming a coach as he is planning on retiring from football.
- 36 year old defender Coyne's contract also ran out and I decided not to renew it and he is also planning retirement.
Roque Santa Cruz
- I was willing to keep Santa Cruz on at the club but I was not willing to pay his wage demands of £40,000 a week when he made 27 appearances and only scored 2 goals he wanted his current wages doubling and I decided against it.
With the number of midfielders I was bringing in I felt I needed to get rid of a few as to not cause problems within the team for players fighting for a place Stewart is almost 34 and declining as a footballer so I made the decision to release him.
Juan Angel Roman
Roman had been upset for a while as he had not been able to get into the first team and I decided to release him and let him find a new club.
- Club favourite Kezman decided to stay on at the club as a coach until 2017.
- Goalkeeper Flahavan decided to quit football altogether.