Sometimes I really really HATE football. This was THAT month. The month from hell. Nothing clicked right. Everyone wanted to play like little shits, missing easy goals, letting easy goals in, and getting sent off.
- Martin Sourzac to Lazlo for 575,000 euros
- Marco de Marco to Cittadella for 0 euros and 50% of next sale
- Sebastien Amoros on loan to Aries-Avignon until the end of the season
- Terence Makongo to FC Lorient for 400,000 euros
- Jeremy Labor to Hull for 1,800,000 euros
- Dominique Pandor to RC Lens for 170,000 euros
- Jakob Poulsen to Villarreal for 1,500,000 euros
- Dennis Appiah to Terek for 2,500,000 euros
- Miguel Samudio to Asteras Tripolis for 825,000 euros. Monaco will pay him 10,500 euros a week until June 2016.
- Taye Taiwo to OM for 6 million euros.
- Florian Pinteaux to Genk for 2.7 million euros
The special one: The chairman keeps injecting lots of cash into the club, and I have a 1.8 million euros per week wage budget, but the board is being kind of stingy with the transfer budget, it's a bit less than 20 million eurs.
This was a pretty good performance, Guy Dunseth made an incredible goal to win it for us. Even though he is so young, he is ready for an international spot and I want to get him ready for the next World Cup.
August 31: Mehdi Beneddine's contract with AS Monaco mutually terminated.
After a misstep, we've scored 10 goals in 3 matches, most in the league, and we're in 2nd place. We need to keep up the form and avoid the missteps. Marcelo Estigarribia and Lucas Ocampos have impressed me, Rhayner has started scoring goals, too. If he could shoot and pass as well as he could run, he would be a lock at first choice right winger.
Coupe de Ligue Third Round
AS Saint-Etienne 1 - 0 AS Monaco
AS Monaco 3 - 1 OM
FC Sochaux-Montbe 0 - 1 AS Monaco
Transfers and Other News
September 12: Marcelo Estigarribia suffered a torn calf muscle against Toulouse FC and is out 4 months
September 26: Almamy Toure suffered a torn groin against OM and will be out 7-8 weeks
September 29: Atletico Madrid will sell Mario Suarez to AS Monaco for 9 million euros. The transfer will occur on January 1.
Other than the Coupe de Ligue, we had a perfect month. Rhayner is not as good of a player as I had hoped, but I can still make use of his pace coming off the bench, I will just have to make sure to keep him as a winger since he is terrible as the lone striker. Toure and Estigarribia's injuries hurt us and will test our depth.
I hate it when I give the wrong team-talk, I think it prevented us from winning by more. However, going into someone else's home, winning by at least two goals, and being in firm control of a game is never a bad thing. Like my own side, sides like Cyprus and Luxembourg are trying to prove themselves against tougher competition.