FM Genie Scout (or Genie Scout in short) is world's most popular scouting tool for Football Manager, created to extend the possibilities of finding, sorting and shortlisting players and staff, controlling their progress, making "first 11" and tactics choice easier and observing attributes invisible in FM.
Released: 30 November 2015 - build 609
Updated: 22 July 2016 - build 614
Redistribution PolicyWe don't allow sharing Genie Scout 16 directly on other sites. Please point the download link to this very page. You cannot host any files yourself.
What's new in GS16The biggest change in Genie Scout 16 is the complete revamp of the rating system according to recent FM tendencies.
Based on deep player development history analysis using big data techniques and statistics (collected data from over 15 years of game history on over 100k players and over 54k matches from top-12 leagues), the following changes have been made:
- re-assessed the influence of one-foot vs both-feet playing ability on overall rating (a player who can use both feet performs better than a player who can only use one foot with the same attributes)
- skills dependency on current ability has been thoroughly investigated, which makes potential rating assessment much more accurate
- peak (max possible) potential ability has been investigated (what CA can be reached depending on the current age and position)
- position skill influence on player performance (inability to play on a specific position doesn't affect performance significantly now if player has high skills required for the position)
- role ratings improved based on FM16 suggestions
- positional ratings adjusted based on FM16 suggestions and on the statistical analysis of collected matches history
In addition, the "g" edition now features a brand new amazing feature: In-Game Scout. IGS brings GS usability to a whole new level. Clicking the (i) icon next to player's name in-game normally shows up a pop-up box with his attributes and some quick details. With IGS enabled, this pop-up box is enhanced with many added insights, including potential skills and rating. You no longer need to switch to the GS window to check on hidden attributes or potential ability.
CompatibilityOS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
FM16: 16.3.2, 16.3.1, 16.3.0, 16.2.0, 16.1.1
Does it work for Mac or Linux?
No. However, we exclusively release another scouting tool for Mac OS X users:
MacAssistant RT for FM16
How to run GS16
- Extract the downloaded .zip file and run the setup .exe file.
- Follow instructions until installation is finished.
- Run Football Manager 2016 and load your savegame.
- Launch Genie Scout 16 and from main menu click "Load Game".
NEW TO GENIE SCOUT?
We have a detailed instructional guide to Genie Scout. Make sure to read it.
Donate to Eugene to get the "g" editionAs usual, Genie Scout 16 comes in two editions:
The public edition comes with 2 banner ads.
The "g" edition has no ads and includes a couple of minor extra features.
In order to get the "g" edition, you need to donate to Eugene. Refer to Genie Scout 16g FAQ if you have further questions.
Apart from no ads, the "g" edition has 6 extra features:
- In-Game Scout: The highlight in 16g that brings GS usability to a whole new level
- Search by role/duty: New tab in advanced search popup that allows searching by role and duty - plus sortable columns of each of them in search results
- Probability of Development: A statistically based model that will show the probability of reaching theoretical maximum of players ability
- Progress Rate:
Shows the predicted speed of player's development, depending on his ambition, determination, professionalism etc
- Support for Graphics:
If you have custom facepacks and/or kitpacks added to your FM, it should show on player and team profiles on GS
- Top Players Lists: Automatically generated lists for best players, most promising and top bargains in the world, by position
Please note that during the first run of "g" edition it may take a few minutes to create the graphic packs cache. Next time it will be loaded much faster.
DELIVERY OF THE 'G' EDITION:
Eugene has automatized the process of distribution for the "g" edition, so you will have to wait just a few minutes before you receive a download link and a key file. But only if they have sent correct contact email, correct Unique ID alongside your donation.
Make sure you check your Spam folder too.
It might take up to 24 hours though. In case of problem with your donation, please contact Eugene using the email address you'll see in the message after donation.
FM Scout (the site) is not involved in the donations towards Eugene, neither has any responsibility delivering the ad-free version to you after donation. This is a process handled solely by Eugene himself.
Bug ReportsDuring closed beta stage for supporters, Eugene fixed all bugs that came to surface. As a result, the public edition should be quite stable from its very first version.
Should you find a bug, please report it to the Genie Scout forum.
Read this before submitting any bugs!
Known issue: Sale value for players is not accurate and sadly we have no way of making it work as it used to be before GS13.
Any comment including bug report posted on this page will be removed on sight!
Please understand it is forbidden by the EULA from SI and SEGA to export all the data from the results. You should be able to export only basic information such as player name, club, age, etc.
CreditsGenie Scout 16 is created by Eugene Tarabanovsky.
He has been developing this amazing scout utility for the past 10 years!
Genie Scout logo made by Stam.
ChangelogJuly 22: v1.0 build 614
- Compatible with 16.3.2
April 7: v1.0 build 613
- Compatible with 16.3.1
December 16: Beta 11 build 611
- Compatible with 16.3.0
December 16: Beta 10 build 610
- Compatible with 16.2.0
November 30: First release - beta 9 build 609
- Compatible with 16.1.1
- Compatible with FM Touch
- Minor fixes