Having adequate cover to battle through injuriesWritten by Levz and Josh_MU
It is important in Football Manager -no matter what team you have a save with- to have enough players in your squad to cope with the long strenuous season, especially if you are a top team and have to play 60 plus games throughout the season.
A solution for this is to have at least two players in each position to rotate, especially if you have two or three games a week. This will allow some of your more important players to benefit from a few more days of rest, as you have players who are able to play in their position and still do a good job at it. One problem with this however, is that you may not have enough funds to sign these extra players to cover for some positions. In that case it is highly advisable that you build up your youth system, so the younger players can also step in at any time and do a decent job at covering a position which is struggling for players due to injuries.
|How to create a successful tactic on Football Manager
What makes a tactic successful? Which factors can we fine-tune until we get ourselves a tactic that works? What steps to take? This is what you’ll learn in this guide.
It is also important that you have versatile players who are competent at two or three positions. This way you can use them as “wild card” since they are capable of stepping at whatever position they are needed. As you might not be able to delve into the transfer market due to insufficient funds or because the window is closed, having a few members of the team who are able to play in a number of positions could prove to be vital to your success.
– Християн Митрев
Points to take away:
- have at least two players in each position to rotate
- build up your youth system, so the younger players can also step in
- have versatile players who are competent at two or three positions
2. Selling your injury prone players
3. Intensity of training schedules
4. Choosing your best XI with fitness and condition in mind
5. Protecting your injury prone players
6. Having adequate cover to battle through injuries
7. Making subs during a match to prevent injury
8. Handling resting days
9. How to utilize staff as injury precaution and faster recovery
10. Important attributes that may affect the chances of getting injured
11. The impact of upgrading training and youth facilities