Using this sound pack you can add audio commentary to FM 2021.
Please note that the audio is only available in English.
Audio Commentary Patch Credits:
- Original Patch for FM12 - FM14 by MBarbaric (original creator of these audio additions)
- Ported to FM15 by zzpiggy
- Modified Commentary Sound Files by Bart
- Realistic Sound Patch by DazS8
The commentary (English only) is NOT the same, nor from the same source, as the popular FM Scout download for FM 2020.
This is improved commentary with less overlaps, although some still occur. I downloaded these audio files a year or two ago from some website so all credit for these improved commentary goes to the original creator.
There is another posting with crowd sounds for FM2021 out here, which has issues.
The reason for this is that there is now a VAR section in the xml file and simply overwriting the files with the ones that have the commentary from previous versions caused crashes and issues with VAR texts. I manually edited the "match_events.xml" which took me lots of hours of editing and comparing in order to merge the commentary code into the existing file, the result is working commentary with VAR and no crashes!
How to install Audio Commentary on FM20211. Navigate to your installation folder "\Football Manager 2021\data" and make a backup of the two original files: "simatch.fmf" and "simatchviewer-pc.fmf".
This way if you have issues or want to revert back, you still have the original files).
2. Copy the downloaded 7z file and extract to the same folder "\Football Manager 2021\data" (where you installed your copy of Football Manager 2021).
Make sure you have a program called “7-Zip” installed, if not and you extract with another program you might get error messages.
3. Start your Football Manager 2021 game (make sure it wasn't running while copying the files over), clear cache and reload skin for the changed .fmf files to be loaded correctly.
4. Load your game and play with audio commentary.
Have fun with this addition, even though not perfect, with the added sounds it enhances the experience (at least it does that for me).
- Make sure when you play matches in 3D to (preferably) play in “full match” or “comprehensive” in order to have the best experience.
- Also reduce speed to just one or two clicks above average.
- If you play in “key” or some cases in “extended” mode in combination with high speed action, the commentary will be overlapping (or cut off) more frequently.