Inspired by BustTheNet’s Galileo tactic, your team will play good attacking and highly entertaining football and also scoring lots of goals with this tactic. With the IWB on attack, you can expect as much as six players attacking the box. Playing style is structured meaning that there will be more direct passing and quick transition from defend to attack which suits well with the fact that there is a lack of midfielders in the centre.
With this tactic, goals will not always come from your strikers. You can expect that all of your outfield players can score goals including the centre backs from the well done set pieces’ tactics that has been included in this tactic.
However, defensive-wise, with most of the players going forward, this tactic is really vulnerable with quick counter attacks. Therefore, all the players in the backline need to have good pace and acceleration as well as work rate and stamina (min 12 – 15 depending on your league) to drop back to defend.
Tweaking for custom scenarios : -
Chasing a goal or breaking down a stubborn defence
- Increase the attacking width, tempo and “more direct passing”
- If you still not scoring, drop the line of engagement and reduce the defensive width to draw out opposing players
- And finally if you still not scoring, increase mentality
- You can also add “shoot on sight” like in the 80th minute if you still want to chase a goal
Defending a lead or if you don’t have fast defenders
- Drop the wing backs to full back positions
- Reduce the FBs’ roles : Att -> Sup, Sup -> Def
- Drop line of engagement and defence, remove offside trap and reduce the pressing intensity
- And finally, reduce mentality
Results with my HSV team : -
I used this tactic for two seasons and we won the double (Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal) in the first season and the treble (+ UEFA Champions League) in the second. We scored 100++ goals in all competitions in each season. Note : My HSV team are already a top side with multiple league and cup wins during the seasons before.
Note : I rotate my players a lot throughout the season
Chances created every 38 minute
I’ve also tested this tactic with several different teams (holiday mode) : -
Top side : Inter (Serie A)
- Media prediction : 2nd, Finished : 2nd
- Highlights : Beaten by Juve to the Scudetto by just 1 point, most goals scored in the league and Coppa Italia runners up
Mid table side : Espanyol (La Liga)
- Media prediction : 10th, Finished : 3rd
- Highlights : 3 players in La Liga’s top 5 goalscorers
Relegation candidate side : Norwich (EPL)
- Media prediction : 20th, Finished : 7th
- Highlights : Qualified for next season’s UEFA Europa League, Carabao Cup
Lower league side : Slough (Vanarama National League South)
- Media prediction : 15th, Finished : 6th
- Highlights : Most goals scored in the league
As this is my 1st time sharing my own tactic, any feedback is welcomed and really appreciated.