CD Numancia de Soria: Rekindling an Old Flame
Numancia 4 - 2 Gimnastic
- The game was turned on a dime when Jordi Cesar conceded a penalty and was sent off for a cynical foul on Sergi Enrich. FM disagrees with the call, but I whole-heartedly agree with it, Enrich's heels were clipped in the box clearly and he would have had an open shot on goal.
Villarreal 1 - 1 Numancia
Thomas Agyiri Joins NumanciaDefensive midfielder Thomas Agyiri has joined Numancia on a cheap contract, he was unattached and formerly of Gil Vicente.
Alcorcon 4 - 3 Numancia
Elche 2 - 0 Numancia
Manager's CommentsThings kind of fell apart, but there are still 6 matches left. We won't have Kevin Pannewitz for 3 of them, but I'm sure we have more than enough depth to cover. If we had a mature defense we would have locked up the league by now, it's kind of frustrating because the attack is so good, we could get to 100 goals for the season.
Numancia 4 - 1 Guadalajara
Numancia 1 - 1 Las Palmas
Cordoba 3 - 3 Numancia
Numancia 0 - 1 Lugo
Numancia 2 - 0 Murcia
- For the paltry sum of 29,500 Euros, I have bought Elia Nobile from Brindisi (Serie C1/C), who will arrive after the season. This also marks my first notable regen purchase.
Manager's CommentsThere's only one thing left to do: Win at Girona on June 7, and Numancia win the league. If they lose, however, and results go against them, they could be knocked out of the autopromotion slots entirely. Very dramatic!
Final Round: For All the Marbles
The BackgroundNumancia leads the Liga Adelante with one match to go, but they must win to affirmatively clinch the title. Elche and Gimnastic can cause problems if they win and Numancia doesn't win.
Girona - Numancia
Last Season's Summary
The Goodies- Unrestricted scouting range anywhere in the world
- 23.84 million Euros in La Liga TV money!
- Aldo Jaime, in from New York Red Bulls, on a Bosman transfer. He is an American striker with a single cap, and the United States' future for their national team.
- We need a striker now, though. That's why I pulled off a massive coup, getting Polish-American Adrian Rybaczuk on a season-long loan from Manchester City. Since he's Polish, he doesn't count as a non-EU player!
- With our newfound scouting potential, we can now scout African clubs for diamonds in the rough. We've signed Landy Diabate from Africa Sports for 426K compensation. Hopefully he can grow to become a midfield stalwart for us in the future.
- Levi Opdam on loan from AZ to fill the gap left by Carlos Akapo's sale. He won't necessarily start but he will provide depth.
Out- Midfielder Fegor Ogude to Elche for 325K. He was a nice stopgap but he'll be turning 28 this season and I don't like dealing with older players. Since Ogude was signed for free, what's left after selling-on and loyalty fees is profit!
- Winger Julian Luque to Valladolid for 1.2M. It's hard to see him off since he was so class for us last season, but the money gives us opportunity.
- Fullback Carlos Akapo has been sold to Sporting for 1.5M. I wish I could have sold him for more but it will help me get another player, and he was getting unsettled over Sporting's advances.
- Winger Luis Rodriguez on a season-long loan to Sabadell. He has potential but he's not quite there yet and he just needs to play.
Transfer Policy QuestionsI was asked a good question about my transfer policy: "You have one American loaned in and another coming in during winter break. Are you biased towards Americans in your transfer policy?"
I admit I am biased towards American players because I'm an American and I want to see the country develop good players. However, I wouldn't sign them if they didn't have the potential to be great players, and they do. I wouldn't sign an American just because he's American, and in fact I have to more strictly evaluate them since they take up precious non-EU spots if they don't have an EU nationality. If a guy can play, I don't care where he's from.
I've also overhauled the staff, and signed Walter as an U19 Coach Walter Alves Neto, that is.
Portimonense 0 - 1 Numancia
- Despite the win, a huge blow already to our chances as Eddy tore his calf muscle and will miss 3-4 months, and likely will have a chunk taken off of his ability.
Estoril 1 - 1 Numancia
Torino 1 - 2 Numancia
Norma 0 - 6 Numancia
At this point the friendlies were supposed to be over, but I noticed a large gap between the last friendly and the first real match. So...
Numancia 1 - 0 Chelsea
- Unfortunately, there was a casualty as Jesper Drost broke his toe and will miss about 2 months.
Not only did we get a big gate, and a victory, but the match was televised and we got another 45,000 Euros in TV rights.
Numancia Season Tickets Sold OutNumancia have sold out their allotment of 7,310 season tickets, as Los Numantines are excited about their team making a return to the top flight! The total receipts come to 3,932,780 Euros, which is a pretty nice haul!
Manager's CommentsI think we've got a good platform to avoid the drop and build on our Liga BBVA future. It's tough to know how prepared you'll be when you go a level up and it's tough with a tight budget, but that's why I'm here, to take care of things.
You are reading "CD Numancia de Soria: Rekindling an Old Flame".