Unlike last year, the Beta doesn't allow for online play.
As always, careers can be carried forward, so you won't lose the progress you make during the Beta when the game updates upon final release, which is November 10th.
FM18 free tools (pre-game data editor, resource archiver), Steam workshop and the in-game store will not be active during beta.
For more information and answers to most common questions regarding the FM 2018 Pre-Release Beta, please refer to the article linked below.
If you haven’t yet pre-purchased Football Manager 2018, you can do so now and get immediate Beta access.
Buy your Football Manager 2018 activation code from fmscout.com to start playing the beta version now!
Get immediate access to the FM18 Beta for freeGet your FM 2018 Steam key with full pre-purchase rewards (Beta early access + FM Touch free copy) & support FM Scout to keep going forward!
ImportantBefore you dive in, be aware that the Beta is not the finished product and certain aspects of game play may well change ahead of final release on November 10th. If you do spot any issues, please report these immediately on SI forum.
FM 2018 Early Access Beta (18.0.1) -- Build NotesGAME MODES
- Fantasy Draft mode disabled
- Online Career mode disabled
- Steam Workshop disabled
GRAPHICS & UI
- Generated player & staff portraits disabled
- Launch may hang on a white screen
- Game may hang on black screen after splash screens
- Text on Retina Mac display not sharp
- Processing panel can occassionally appear blank
- Fixtures can occassionally overlap on processing panel
- Social feed can bleed if scrolling
- Default attacking corner routines lacking variation
- Some red & checkered flags showing in crowd
- Camera height can reset on game reboot
- AI sometimes offer £0 for a player offered to clubs with an asking price
- Too many loan rumours in the social feed
- Player can incorrectly receive Dynamics boost due to incorrectly registered international appearance
- Assistant may not arrange youth team friendlies when instructed to do so if there are no competitive matches