Author's noteDerived from the word 'vexillum' which means banner in Latin, this dark skin will suit any player whether you want the full experience in the original game or a more laid-back casual game using Football Manager Classic. This skin supports both the in-game editor and instant results button as well as user backgrounds.
This is the first major release so I expect to see a few bugs somewhere along the line (although I have stress-tested this as much as possible to minimize this possibility). Extra panels will be included in an upcoming update also although you can still manually install the option to have the team logo in the background in both small and stretched flavours.
Released: 11 March 2014 - v0.7b
Updated: 31 March 2014 - v1.2
Step 1Download the skin and extract the file (using either 7-Zip for Windows or The Unarchiver for Mac).
Step 2Place the 4 extracted folders into your skins folder:
Win Vista/7/8: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\skins
Win XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\skins
Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/skins
Create the folder "skins" if it doesn't exist.
Step 3Start the game and go to Preferences screen and Interface tab.
You should see "Vexillium" as option in the skin drop down of the Overview box.
Hit the Confirm button.
Please note this skin is provided as is. It has nothing to do with Sports Interactive or SEGA and won't be supported by them.
CreditsThis skin is created by Daniel Stone (aka Drakestone and aeryth).
Kiwi for the base skin, Nuu.
kun for his work on the player panels.
Beta testers who helped go through fixing the bugs.
This skin was initially posted on SI forums and is being republished here with author's permission.
Changelog31/3/14 - Updated to v1.2
1. I've sorted the fonts out so all fonts use Lato now.
2. I've put the next match day details back on the processing screen (and added something)
3. I've fixed some alignment issues
4. Fixed lack of continue button on FMC (still doesnt show on matchday, spacebar still required)
5. Fixed nation selection screen at game start
6. I've edited the background opacity overlay to be 40 not 60 so screens aren't so dark by default
7. Added FMC style panels to Vexillium FMC
20/3/2014 - Updated to v1.01
1. Fixed a bug that caused the FMC version to use the default text colours
2. Fixed an issue causing black writing on the match screen
20/3/2014 - Updated to final v1.0
1. Replaced all remaining images
2. Removed bgselector in favour of user backgrounds.
3. Changed actionbar background to black in a match to make things easier to read.
4. Created overlay on background to ensure writing is legible
5. Changed text colours on menus and match panels
6. Created in-game overlay so the match screen is dimmer, this prevents eye-strain aswell as making the match look more natural and realistic.
7. Improved the header to make it even more ribbon-like
8. Improved to processing panel so its easier to read.
9. Fixed any language bugs that were left over (I've had my game playing in Portuguese for the last 2 days )
15/3/2014 - Updated to final BETA v0.9b
1. Fixed lack of header image on the match screen
2. Replaced most buttons and other GFX (about 80% done now)
3. Fixed transparency and images in the processing screen
4. Removed transparency from sender bar in news feed to be more flat
5. Changed the dialog and wizard boxes
14/3/2014 - Updated to 0.8b
1. Graphics replacements done for all boxes, processing screen, header and menubar, still got buttons and other things to replace.
2. Fixed unreadable text issue on actionbar.
3. Text colours changed.
4. Show filters button working again.
11/3/2014 - First Release - Version 0.7b