- Any ugly foul riddled match with Heidenheim offers more of the same, another bore draw. This was possibly our worse match in terms of generating any attack - we were held to 6 shots, just 1 on target.
- Dortmund struck first with a goal by Pablo Alcacer in the 14th minute but Maxwell Cornet answered immediately in the 15th minute assisted by Origi. Origi scored one of his own minutes later, assisted by Klosterman before Dortmund got an equalizer from Mario Gotze in the 26th minute. An exciting 12 minutes of action to say the least. Cornet scores the winner on a beauty, assisted by Salcedo in the 50th minute! We hold off a furious final 40 minutes.
- We drilled OGC Nice in every area but goals, we finally got through in the 69th minute on a goal by wonderkid Alex Blesa, assisted by Cornet. We held them to 1 shot on the night.
- Hamburger controlled the first half but we tookover in the second half. Finally Cornet scored in the 75th minute, assisted by Griguol.
- A stunning response by the boys, playing our best match of the season. Antonio Marin with an amazing run covering almost the entire length of the pitch before Mats Hummels brought him down in the box in the 36th minute. Origi scored the penalty and we are able to see out the 1-0 victory!
With Hartmann out of action for the month, Cornet stepped up beautifully. He ended the month with 3 goals and 1 assist in 4 matches before missing the FC Bayern match with a toe injury.
Caligiuri is still recovering from his torn ankle ligaments. He is on track to possibly play in February if all goes well.
Marin twisted his ankle in the FC Bayern match, forcing us to play the final 15 minutes with only 10 on the pitch. He should be back in time for our first competitive match in January.
Our victory against Bayern allowed us to jump them in the table and has firmly put Jurgen Klopp in the hot seat. Hoffenheim and Werder continue to be the class of the league with Dortmund not far behind.
We cruise to 2nd in the the group but get a terrible draw in the first knockout round. We will face Tottenham to start the knockout stage.
On paper this looks to be a good month for us to get some points and get ourselves more firmly seated in one of the European spots.