Capital One Cup Final 2016
: Good day, everyone. It's the Capital One Cup Final today! Aston Villa versus Norwich, and it'll be an interesting match indeed. Beside me here we have Villa midfielder Frank Lampard, and retired Norwich icon Grant Holt.
: Pleasure to be on board, Martin.
: A pleasure too. Good day Frank.
: Good day, Grant!
: Without further ado, let's look at the line-ups for today.
: Handanovic; Nagatomo, Clark, Vlaar, Romero; Alonso, Gardner; Hughes, Nem, Mattheus; Fierro
: Mika; Jara, Bennett, Bassong, Wiggins; Reo-Coker, Gunnarsson; Calderon, Lodeiro, Illcic; Soudani
: Both Aston Villa and Norwich have chosen to field very strong squads. In the Aston Villa side we have their usual first-choice Samir Handanovic, fresh from a superb performance against Valencia in the Europa League. Nagatomo, Ciaran Clark, Vlaar, and John Romero makes up the Villa defense.
: That's a tough defense Norwich will have to break down today. You don't normally get past someone like Clark. I'd know because I've played against him plenty of times.
: Xabi Alonso and Gary Gardner make up central midfield while Will Hughes and Mattheus will attack from the wings. The ever reliable Wellington Nem will stay behind Carlos Fierro to provide support.
: Fabian Delph is out of the Final with David not willing to risk him after his recent return of injury, but he's on the bench today. Back to the talk about the starting line-up, that's a midfield that can provide plenty of goals and Norwich will have to watch out.
: For Norwich we have Mika between the post.
: Mika has been playing in the cup games for Norwich this season but I do think it's a bad move not playing John Ruddy in the Final, who is more reliable.
: Meanwhile, we have a defense of Gonzalo Jara, Ryan Bennett, Sebastian Bassong and Rhoys Wiggins.
: I have no concern about that! It's a back line equal to Aston Villa's, I'd say. Ryan and Seb Bassong will be rocks in the defense today, and they could be instrumental if Norwich do win the match.
: The ever-powerful Nigel Reo-Coker and Aron Gunnarsson will partner each other in midfield today.
: I'm a little puzzled over Gunnarsson's involvement in the squad today. Surely someone like Jonny Howson would have been a better fit with Nigel. But Gunnarsson aside, I'm happy Nigel is starting today because he can really play, especially in big games like this.
: Calderon, Lodeiro and Illcic will be attacking for Norwich today behind Hilal Soudani. That's a four-man partnership that has brought Norwich much success this season, and I think it'll be safe to say they're going to be giving Ciaran Clark and Ron Vlaar some problems.
: Well said, Martin!
: Let's get on to the match!
1' - We kick off here at the Wembley Stadium, with Aston Villa having a second shot to get the Capital One Cup. Norwich will also be playing at their best, having not won the cup since 1985.
11' - Ciaran Clark pushes Hilal Soudani to the ground, and the ref is pointing to the spot! It's a penalty for Norwich! The Villa players are protesting, with John Romero in the heat of it. It was a harsh decision indeed.
- What a save by Samir Handanovic! Soudani attempts to put it into the bottom left, but Handanovic easily punches it away for John Romero to knock it into Row Z! Brilliant save!
- What a mistake by Mika! The Norwich keeper rolls it out by mistake to Carlos Fierro, who hits it down to Will Hughes. Hughes crosses it beautifully to Wellington Nem, who strikes it past the unsuspecting Mika with ease. Norwich caught napping by Aston Villa there!
- And now it's Aston Villa's turn to commit a mistake, with Ron Vlaar heading it back horribly for Nicolas Lodeiro to latch on to it and strike the ball past Samir Handanovic for an equalizer.
- Xabi Alonso and Wellington Nem play a superb one-two ending with Alonso playing it up to Carlos Fierro, who puts the ball past Mika! 2-1 to the Villans!
45' - HT: Aston Villa 2-1 Norwich. Villa have been fantastic and they have one hand on the cup by now. They just have to keep pushing on and forcing Norwich back.
45' - We return to the Wembley Stadium for the second half of the Capital One Cup Final, with Norwich danger man Anthony Knockaert coming on for Josip Illcic.
46' - It hasn't took long for Norwich to be on the move, with Knockaert sending it high for Soudani to deliver a shot, but Handanovic punches it out for a corner.
58' - Jesus Blanco will come on for Gary Gardner.
- Soudani races into the Aston Villa goal and rounds Handanovic before shooting into the empty net! What a goal! Norwich have equalized!
60' - Aston Villa have responded to the goal by reforming in a 4-3-3 formation.
68' - Villa make their last two substitutions with Daniel Montero on for Ciaran Clark and Jack Grealish on for Mattheus.
- WHAT A TIME FOR WELLINGTON NEM TO SCORE HIS 50TH GOAL FOR ASTON VILLA! The Brazilian is fed by Jesus Blanco and he scores with a fierce strike past Mika! Is that the winning goal?!
82' - Indeed, we've checked, and that is Wellington Nem's 50th ever goal for Aston Villa, what a player!
- There's no doubt about it now! Jack Grealish is dispossessed by Gonzalo Jara but Xabi Alonso gets his foot on the ball and hits it in from 30 yards! An outstanding goal! 4-2 to Aston Villa!
90' - FT: Aston Villa 4-2 Norwich. What a brightening second half! Aston Villa have won the Capital One Cup, for the first time since 1996! Another trophy to go into David Beckham's managerial cabinet, and another trophy for Aston Villa!